New St. John Church (NSJ) was organized on September 7, 1932. NSJ has had three pastors.

The 1st location was on the east side of Airline Highway. This Palmetto camp became the foundation of the New St. John Baptist Church. It was pastured by the late Abe Lincoln Smith, who served faithfully for 34 years.

The 2nd location was located at 511 East Oak St. and the Reverend Richard Rayborn was elected pastor in February 1967. Under his leadership the church expanded and built an educational building. Rev. Rayborn served as pastor for nearly 20 years.

In May 1987, God the Father and his only begotten son Christ, found favor in Pastor Clarence Stephens to send him to what is now called the New St. John Fellowship. Yes, God has done it again, he appointed our overseer by the Holy Ghost.

In 1998, God our father spoke to Pastor Stephens and told him he needed to make some changes. Being a willing vessel, Pastor Stephens obeyed the Spirit and he went forth to do God’s work. God gave him a direction and it started with, “Where Do We Go From Here”.

Immediately leaving the tradition of men and the law, Pastor moved under the Grace of God. Through his strong preaching and teaching, the Spirit gave him “Going Back To The Bible” to teach Kingdom Living. Kingdom Living comes with a New lifestyle. We at the New St. Fellowship Church are a chosen generation, a royal Priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people. New St. John Fellowship is no longer under bondage; the Holy Spirit has made us free.

 

New St. John Fellowship Church •1615 Tobey Avenue • P. O. Box 1760 • Gonzales, Louisiana 70707 • (225) 644-2949